This is a website dedicated to showing off my grass eating, pasture raised poultry and the delicious and nutritious eggs they lay! Take a few minutes and browse through the plethora of cool things here. You can view pictures of my chickens, find out what makes my chickens' eggs better than most, and how to contact me to buy or trade to have a few eggs of your own! Thanks for visiting - please visit again soon!


.:~~Chicken Scratchings Blog~~:.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Free range peachicks

Today I let the peachicks out of the calf hut to roam the yard.  They seemed to enjoy it, but unlike chickens when let out of a familiar place into an unfamiliar place, the peachicks just started roaming everywhere!  Not sure if I like that...I'd almost rather than they were a little hesitant to leave safety of their home.  Tonight, I found them on the planter-for-parts just to the west of the house.  Apparently, also unlike a chicken, peachicks must not come home to roost in the same safe place they know of...  Well, I'll leave them there tonight and see what tomorrow brings... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment