This is a website dedicated to showing off my grass eating, pasture raised poultry and the delicious and nutritious eggs they lay! Take a few minutes and browse through the plethora of cool things here. You can view pictures of my chickens, find out what makes my chickens' eggs better than most, and how to contact me to buy or trade to have a few eggs of your own! Thanks for visiting - please visit again soon!


.:~~Chicken Scratchings Blog~~:.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Back home again...

For the last couple weeks, the chickens have been aimless wanderers around the yard.  It has rained at least every other day for the last few weeks and with all the rain, they like to dig in the nice vineyard grass, making it that much harder to grow again next year...  They should technically live in the truck coop for most of the day now, but being that that doesn't have walls on it yet, well...it would be a bit chilly in there.  I decided to move it up next to the house and leave it there permanently for the winter.  I'll put plastic walls up on the sides to keep them warmer and dryer until harvest is done and the big truck coop is finished.  I like them up closer to the house anyway to hopefully keep the local vermin from getting too friendly with them.  How terrible would it be to come out there and find half the chickens gone with some wiley fox?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment