This is a website dedicated to showing off my grass eating, pasture raised poultry and the delicious and nutritious eggs they lay! Take a few minutes and browse through the plethora of cool things here. You can view pictures of my chickens, find out what makes my chickens' eggs better than most, and how to contact me to buy or trade to have a few eggs of your own! Thanks for visiting - please visit again soon!


.:~~Chicken Scratchings Blog~~:.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yummy dandelions!

Right now the 2 peafowl, the 3 Americanas and the 3 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes are in the vineyard run, while the laying hens are in the truck coop and get let out to roam the yard everyday.  Yesterday, I moved the run in the vineyard to new grass and it's hilarious to watch them devour the new grass.  Well, especially dandelions.  The way they all attack them, it makes me want to try dandelion leaves myself and see if I think they are as delicious as they seem to think they are! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Well, dandelion leaves are edible--and healthy! According to my books on herbs, they are especially good for one's liver. My dad says they taste best if you get them before they bloom. After the flowers bloom, the leaves get more bitter and aren't as good.

    ReplyDelete