This is a website dedicated to showing off my grass eating, pasture raised poultry and the delicious and nutritious eggs they lay! Take a few minutes and browse through the plethora of cool things here. You can view pictures of my chickens, find out what makes my chickens' eggs better than most, and how to contact me to buy or trade to have a few eggs of your own! Thanks for visiting - please visit again soon!


.:~~Chicken Scratchings Blog~~:.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Hello again!

Wow - it's been awhile since I've been on here!  Exciting times in the springtime with my poultry!  We have moved since last year.  We now live one place to the west of the place we lived before.  It's a pretty place with lots of nice grass and space for my chickens!  We also recently picked up 3 lonely looking turkey poults and 3 bantam chicks.  We've never had turkeys or banties before, so we'll see what happens!  The peafowl are now moved over here too and so we can keep an eye on them.  The male seems to feel spring-like towards the female and is starting to show his plumage (even though there's not a lot there yet being that he hasn't hit the mature age of 3) but the female seems confused.  Kind of funny...not much like high school hormones!! :-D
My young hens I bought last spring (plus the older ones as well) are laying up a storm and I have oodles of eggs.  Eggs for sale!!  About all you can have/want for $2/doz!  Come by and pick them up and tell your friends!  Sale for the months of May is buy 4 doz, get one free!  Since they are fresh, they will last awhile, so even if you're slow on eggs, come get your 5 doz for the price of 4!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment